Saturday, June 26, 2010

Lockout fixer v1.0.0.5 is available for download..


Hi,

Lock out fixer is a free tool that helps administrators to troubleshoot the locking out of domain accounts. It works like the Microsoft tool Lockoutstatus.exe but in addition to just checking lock out time for all the domain controllers, it allows you to instantly view the audit failure logs written exactly at the time of the account lock out or bad password time... The event log shows the client i.p address using which we can easily identify the issues...

You can get lockout fixer here: http://lockoutfixer.cz.cc/

I will be updating the tool with more options in the future... Right now, this tool runs in a single thread and hence it may look as if user interface of the tool is frozen if it is doing some time consuming tasks... I will be making it to do those tasks in another thread in the future versions..

6 comments:

  1. Is this Windows 2008 native AD compatabile? I'm getting referral errors on the administrator account even when the program is run from the DC itself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. can u tell me when you are getting this error and give me the error details? I haven't had the opportunity to test in in windows 2008 domain...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "A referral was returned from the server. This problem can occur if the username cannot be found, no lockout policy is in effect for the user or if you don't have sufficient privilleges in XXXXXXX"

    Username exists for sure. I tried it using the Administrator account. Lockout policy is after 5 tries.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tested it on Windows 2008 domain controller.. It works fine.
    But if the user's account is currently not locked out and was never locked since the user account was created, then it may throw an error message saying that the 'user account does not exist'...But that shouldn't be a problem since you would be using it only when a user's account is locked out..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am getting the following error:

    "Table does not exist.
    This problem can occur is user name cannot be found, no lockout policy is on effect for the user or you or if you don't have sufficient privilleges in DOMAIN_CONTROLLER_NAME"

    I am currently logged in as the Domain Administrator for the domain on a PC running WinXP SP3 that is connected to the network.

    The utility is able to retrieve all 3 of my DC's name (2 x W2K + 1 x W2K8)

    I am attempting to determine lockout status of confirmed locked-out and unlocked user accounts, but receiving the error message above.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like Shawn above, I get a similar issue when trying to use Lockout Fixer on my 2008 DC:

    "Either BOF or EOF is True, or the current record has been deleted.
    Requested operation requires a current record.
    This problem can occur if the user name cannot be found,no lockout policy is in effect for the user or if you don't have sufficien privileges in ."

    I am running the tool on a Windows Server 2008 R2 server (64-bit), logged on as the Domain Admin account. I know I've used this tool in the past, but for some reason it's not working. Any help would be appreciated. I'm sure you know this as well, but the domain you have set up for Lockout Fixer is being reported by Barracuda Networks as a Malware/Exploit site, and is simply redirecting to random domains.

    ReplyDelete